Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 7 February 1985

A GROOVY SUGGESTION ?

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).

7 Feb 1985

To:
Dear Mr.

A GROOVY SUGGESTION ?
Sub: Your Suggestion 82127 dt, 21.12.81 for Multi-wall shells

You gave me some papers on this when we met at lunch-cottage a few weeks back.

Subsequently I have discussed the entire technical - details with Mr. Hingorani & Mr. Samant, and I have requested them to explain the same to you.

What we are doing at present is not right (as per our collaborator) and they would like us to switch-over to groove-less welding as soon as we can master the technique.

For the moment, grooving does help reduce the risk of rejection and I propose to bring this fact to the notice of the Suggestion-Committee during its next meeting.

In any case, I am personally happy that you are taking such active interest in cost reduction/quality-improvement ideas.

The managers tell me that soon they will the putting-up, on notice-boards, a list of problems, seeking employee-suggestions on how to solve these.

When this happens, I do hope, you and you colleagues will come forward in a big-way with lots of innovative ideas (of course then suggestion -box !). I am myself, looking for ideas to boost the suggestion-scheme and would welcome your help. I have already listed some which KMK can show you.

Regards
H.C.PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment