Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Tuesday 11 November 1986

ABSENTEEISM

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).

11Nov 1986

To:
Personnel Officers (Labour Dept)                          

ABSENTEEISM

When year ended on  30th Sept., we hope, the production  people must have reached  their targets.  But for absenteeism control (reduction), you  have time till end  December to achieve  your targets! And I  hope  you are all  working very  very  hard, with less than 2 months  to go !

If I  remember correctly you  achieved 0.8%  reduction in 1985 (1.6% for  P-PACK), and you had  set a target of  another 0.8% reduction in 1986.

We will meet in Jan'  87 (3 p.m. on 9.1.87 - C4 conf. room) to review.    Each  of   you   will  make   a   quick,   identical presentation -  and also reveal your target  & action plan  for 1987.   Have we reached  a  stage of "participation"  where we can invite Union - office bearers to this meeting  ?

H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment