Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Monday 21 January 1985

AMERICA'S BEST MANAGED FACTORIES

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave). 

21 Jan 1985

To:

Dear friends


In August, I circulated to you a write-up on "America's Best Managed Factories."   I  also  requested  you  to  find  out whether the article  contained any messages  that we ought to follow at Powai.  I  promised to publish the best write-up in Powai  Pageant,   thinking  that  I  will   be  flooded  with write-ups from hundreds of our employees.
It has so happened that I have  received only 6 write-ups !I should make my task easy to select one best out of these.
But then  I thought, "why not print all  the six write-ups in my letter to  all employees and let them decide  which one is the best? -  something I could  not have done,  if there were 50 responses."
So read - on and decide for yourself.
As far as the "authors" are concerned, I would only say,
"Go all out  and implement in your  work-place those messages which  you think  we  should  all follow  at  Powai.   Make a beginning  with  yourself to  bring  about a  change  in your surroundings. "

H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment