Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Thursday 1 October 1981

LAND OF THE RISING SUN

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).

1 Oct 1981

To:

Dear Friends


Japan  is  called  the  "LAND OF  THE  RISING  SUN"  although strictly speaking  it is the  Soviet Russia which  greets the new day every morning !

But Japan has  already overtaken Russia to become  the second largest economy  in the World -  next only to  America.  Many experts  believe  that  Japan will  soon  bypass  America  to become the strongest industrial society in the world.

What is the secret of  Japan's success?  Almost every country is trying to find out  if there is some "MAGIC FORMULA" which the  Japanese  seem to  have  mastered.   From  all over  the world, dozens  of delegations have gone to Japan in search of this "MAGIC FORMULA".

What they  have found out  is that there is  no single simple formula!  BUT ONE THING  HAS BECOME CLEAR - THAT THE JAPANESE PEOPLE THINK OF  THEIR COUNTRY FIRST.   THEN THEY THINK ABOUT THEIR  COMPANY AND ON  SOME RARE  OCCASIONS, WHEN  A JAPANESE THINKS  ABOUT HIMSELF,   HE ALMOST  FEELS "GUILTY"  TO  BE SO SELFISH '.'.

And that makes Japan work.

Last year when I reproduced  "Britain Works —  O.K." many of you responded, welcoming the serial.

This  time .our  focus  is  on  Japan.   I  am  happy   to reproduce  'here,  a   despatch  from   Tokyo   by  Peter Hazeihurst titled.

"WHEN JAPANESE WORKERS GO ON STRIKE"

If anyone has any  comments, please do feel free to  write to me.  I,  for one, believe that  EXCELLENCE AT POWAI  CAN ONLY COME OUT OF A RESPONSIBLE AND  PARTICIPATIVE DIALOGUE AMONGST ALL SECTIONS OF EMPLOYEES.

With regards,

H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment