Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Sunday 19 May 1985

POWAI LEVEL PRODUCTIVITY MEETING

Synopsis: Communication For Productivity

Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).

May 19, 1985


To:

All Production Managers       

      

 

POWAI LEVEL PRODUCTIVITY MEETING

 

We shall have one in May, soon after Bonus negotiations are over.

 

In the meantime, I would request you to

 

Up-date your charts

(Yesterday I saw some prepared by KC-in    multi-colours - which do look

better and seemed less  cluttered-up to improve "focusing" and interest).

 

Hold your own  unit-level meetings within  next 15  days, if you did not have one in last 4 weeks.

 

H.C.PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment