Hi Friends,

Even as I launch this today ( my 80th Birthday ), I realize that there is yet so much to say and do. There is just no time to look back, no time to wonder,"Will anyone read these pages?"

With regards,
Hemen Parekh
27 June 2013

Now as I approach my 90th birthday ( 27 June 2023 ) , I invite you to visit my Digital Avatar ( www.hemenparekh.ai ) – and continue chatting with me , even when I am no more here physically

Friday 8 March 1985

REVEREND SWAMIJI


Synopsis: Communication For Productivity
Letters written to some 7500 Workers / Managers / Union Leaders, following a period of strike / Go slow / Murders (1979 - 1987), at Mumbai factory of Larsen & Toubro Ltd. This direct / open / honest communication led to a remarkable atmosphere of trust between Workers and Management, which, in turn, increased productivity at 3% per year (ave).


8 March 1985


REVEREND SWAMIJI

MR. & MRS. DESAI AND FRIENDS:

It gives me great pleasure to welcome Swamiji amongst us today. When I say that we have been eagerly waiting for this day, I know I am not alone in feeling so. Thousands of L&T-ites have eagerly awaited this evening.
I also welcome all of you who have come out in great numbers to listen to Swamiji.
Whereas it is my pleasure to welcome you, it will be your pleasure to listen to Swamiji talk about
                     “Secrets of Efficiency”
Thousands of years ago, on the battle field of Kurukshetra, Arjuna told Lord Krishna,
“I am your disciple, you be my teacher”
It was then that Lord Krishna gave Arjuna the divine knowledge of Karma-Yoga, and finally said,
“Now with a strong determination, arise, O son of Kunti and fight this holy-war against the evil.”
This evening I request Swamiji to accept 7000 L& -ites as his disciples and tell us the relevance of Karma Yoga to the men and women of this industrial society in the year 1985.
Thank you
H.C. PAREKH

No comments:

Post a Comment